Saturday, November 19, 2011

Night 74: Good News and Bad News

So, good news or bad news first, guys? Bad news? Okay.

Bad news #1: I forgot my camera at home today and so I have no pictures of Ajloun or the Dead Sea. And by "I forgot my camera," I mean I thought I left my camera at home but it was actually in my bag the whole time. Hi, my name is Meg. I've been doing shit like this since 1991 and will continue to do such things for many years to come.

Bad news #2: Turns out the Dead Sea burns the crotch area. It's unpleasant.

Bad news #3: We didn't go on the archaeological hike in Ajloun today, we went to the Dead Sea instead. I'm going again with my mom this Friday, so I will be going to the Dead Sea twice in one week. My life is so hard, huh?

Good news!

Good news #1: I went to the Dead Sea today.

Good news #2: I painted a space-themed classroom in Ajloun, it was awesome! We painted murals in three classrooms for the school in Ajloun today, and ours was space-themed. We painted a sun, a moon, some stars, Saturn, and a rocket ship. We also had a border going around the room of stars with English alphabet letters inside of them, as well as Arabic letters. Pretty nifty. I wish I had pictures, but I do not, see Bad news #1.

Good news #3: While there are still ~32 days left until I get to go home, there are only 15 more days of Arabic classes. This news kinda made my day. This means that of the 32 days, there are 15 days of Arabic, 8 days of weekend, 4 days of finals, and 5 days of I don't know what. But I know what it's not. It's not Arabic. :D

Good news #4: I have a blister from my fantastic new purple shoes. Obviously, this is not good news; the good news is that my blister did not burn or even hurt at all in the Dead Sea. Weird, but good.

Good news #5: My sort-of host sister that doesn't live with us (she's thirty), had twins on Wednesday! Pretty exciting.

Good news #6: My mom is coming to visit in a few days! We're going to Petra and the Dead Sea and it'll be great.

tl;dr: No pictures (hopefully you noticed that), Dead Sea burns unpleasant places, ow, I painted space, I measure time in weird ways, baby twin host nieces, my mom is coming to visit me next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised no one warned you about swimming in the Dead Sea and that it burns. :P It's one of the most hypersalinic bodies of water in the world. The burning is because the "water" is literally sucking the water from your skin and...crotch area. :P On the up side any cuts or abrasions you exposed to the water should be relatively clean now. If that blister pops, going back in again would be good for it, just excruciatingly painful.

    Since you are going back to the Dead Sea with your mom, you need to take pictures this time.

    Also I approve of space themed classrooms. :) *hugs* Can't wait to see you next semester when I come to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete