Saturday, November 5, 2011

Night 62: Now It's Istanbul, Not Constantinople

I'm in Istanbul! BRB, Jordan.
I'll post for real soon, but first, a few lovely things about Istanbul:
-Istanbul is clean. I can breathe in a lungful of air here and not feel like I just smoked two cigarettes on top of inhaling gas fumes.
-Istanbul is GREEN. There are fall-esque leaves here!
-Istanbul is in Europe. Yes, hopefully you already knew that (unless you're the guy at Wells Fargo that wasn't sure if Turkey was a country or not), but really. It feels so very European here and it's wonderful.
-kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkl. This was written by Herman. Herman is a cat. He snuck into our room at the hostel and he's adorable.

Also, picture:
                                        The Hagia Sophia. Byzantine Church turned mosque.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to assume you named the cat. I'm pretty sure I know that guy at the Wells Fargo.

    Glad you are seeing green, breathing better and have a cat.

    I saw grandma today, she sends her love. She still thinks your crazy, tho.

    I miss you and our coffee afternoons. Can't wait to maybe see you at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Jenny, I didn't actually name the cat, my friend Hannah did. She was actually a girl... sadly, she got hit by a car a few days after this post :(

    Tell Grandma next time you see her that I love her, even though she thinks I'm crazy. ;) We should definitely get coffee when I'm back in January (I don't get back from Texas until December 29th or something, so that's basically January...)

    ReplyDelete